Time Management Strategies Successful People Use
With this time management checklist, I can walk you through the importance of Income Producing Activities (IPA’s) and Non-IPA’s, and how simple it is to work step-by-step through any unfinished tasks you may have.
1. Categorize Your Activities & Tasks
Write down all the tasks you have on your mind and categorize them under a) IPA or b) Non IPA.
List of Income Producing Activities (IPA’s are activities that actually create income for you working toward your goals.)
- Calling prospects
- taking orders
- signing up new client
- following up with new clients
- running a Facebook Ad
- sending out mailing lists and auto-responders
- scheduling a speaking engagement
List of Non-Income Producing Activities
- Research for an IPA
- Updating your website
- Any activity that you can easily delegate
- Updating your calendar
- Updating your social media posts everyday (you can use a tool)
2. Manage Your Priorities
- Prioritize your IPA’s and list them from most important to least important.
- Choose 3 important tasks or activities to do each day, helps you to narrow down your focus and get down to business.
- Prioritize by deadline dates.
- Each task is not equally as important.
3. Manage Tasks
- If a task seems too complex, be sure to break each one down.
- Tackle the most important pieces of the task first. Use my concept of “Power Hour” & set the clock for 1 hour to deal with the most difficult part of your task.
- Create a check list to keep track of your tasks.
4. Manage Your Time
- Know your most productive time of the day. Everyone has certain times of the day we work best and are most efficient. For me it is in the morning, I can get so much accomplished before anyone arrives at the office, I LOVE IT! For you, it may be in the afternoon.
- Schedule unproductive times for meetings and less intensive thinking tasks.
- Keep your calendar up to date at all times.
5. Manage Your Mindset
An old quote I like to constantly say in my mind, “Progress, not Perfection”. Meaning, as long as you have the will power and dedication to progress, it doesn’t have to come out perfect the first time. Take the first step and you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish.